1. Housekeepers can send messages two different ways. The In Room view has a Quick Pick option for common items related to the rooms. When a Quick Pick item is selected, it is automatically sent to the proper staff member. The other way is in the message screen which can be accessed by click on the message icon in the top right of the tablet screen.
2. Once in the Message Screen, on the bottom of the screen is a black message bar. Click on Message to open up the messaging box.
3. A black box will pop up like below.
4. The minimum to send out a message, staff members must be selected within the Select Users menu box and a message must be typed into the Message box on the bottom. To select a staff member, click on the Select Users box and either type out their name or scroll down and find them. Messages can also be sent out to multiple users and departments.
5. The messages box also has a Quick Pick selection area for common messages. Depending on the Quick Pick message, there will be more information that is needed to route the item properly.
6. To create custom action items such as a Need, Request, or Workorder, select the Create Action Item at the top of the messaging box.
7. The Create Action Item drop down menu will pop up to let you choose what action item you want to create.
8. Depending on which Action Item is selected, there are different fields that will need to be filled out. For Workorders, a staff member needs to be chosen. Needs and Requests are the same. At the bottom of each, a timeframe can be selected to let individuals when the item will be overdue.
9. For Messages and Action Items, an image can be uploaded for added description.
10. Once all the information is filled out, select the Paper Airplane icon on the right side of the message box.
11. At any time, the message can be cancelled by selecting Cancel Message at the top of the message box.