This article provides basic iPad troubleshooting tips.
First steps: Make sure you're up to date
1. Verify you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
2. Verify that you are connecting iPad to your computer using a USB 2.0 port.
3. Make sure your iPad software is up to date: With your iPad connected to your computer, click “Check for Update” in the Summary section of iTunes.
4. Charge your battery: Using the USB power adapter that came with iPad, charge iPad for at least 20 minutes before further troubleshooting. If necessary, refer to "Charging the Battery" in the iPad User Guide.
If iPad won't turn on, or the display stops responding
Follow these steps, testing after each:
1. 1.Turn the iPad off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPad for a few seconds, until a red slider appears. Then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
2. Reset iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.