1. Managers and supervisors can send messages two different ways. On the bottom right of the screen, below the messages, there is a black messaging box. The other messaging area is the quick pick box within the In Room screen which sends predefined messages automatically to assigned staff when selected.
2. The difference between Messages and Action Items:
- Action Items need to be acknowledged and marked completed
- A Message is informational and does not require any actions
More information on this can be found in the Completion Screen Training page.
3. To use the bottom messaging box, click on it to pull up the messaging pop-up box.
4. To send out a message:
- Select a staff member or department
- Type out a message
- Click the paper airplane icon on the bottom right.
5. The messages box also has a Quick Pick selection area for common messages. Depending on the Quick Pick message, there will be more information that is needed to route the item properly. (Quick Pick Messages are controlled in Hotel Settings.)
- Location (room# or area)
- Due Time
Pool Check does not have a Due Time option but Extra Towels does as seen below.
6. To create custom action items such as a Need, Request, or Workorder, select the Create Action Item at the top of the messaging box.
7. The Create Action Item drop down menu will pop up to let you choose what action item you want to create.
8. Depending on which Action Item is selected, there are different fields that will need to be filled out. For Workorders, a staff member needs to be chosen. Needs and Requests are the same. At the bottom of each, a timeframe can be selected to let individuals when the item will be overdue.
9. For Messages and Action Items, an image can be uploaded for added description.
10. Once all the information is filled out, select the Paper Airplane icon on the right side of the message box.
11. At any time, the message can be cancelled by selecting Cancel Message at the top of the message box.